Pendleton Oregon Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Services
- 4 Resources in the Local Area
- 5 Links
- 6 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- 609 NW 12th St Pendleton Oregon 97801 United States
- Please use the Gilliam Street entrance and parking.
- Tuesday 4 pm - 8 pm
- Wednesday: 10 am- 6 pm
- Thursday: 5:00 pm -9:00 pm
Closed week of Thanksgiving and between Christmas and New Year:
Calendar and Events
Ideas to Get Started on Family History
1. Start researching your family tree (We have good staff members who can help you get started or answer questions)
2. Record some of your parents’ memories of their younger years (Lots of questions to ask on FamilySearch/wiki/.org
3. Post your photographs on the internet for others to enjoy (Family History Center copy machine makes this super easy. Come to the center and give it a try!)
4. Begin writing down some of your own life stories (This is fun to remember when).
5. Record the voices of your young children or grandchildren and keep them to listen to when they are older (This is really fun!!!)
6. Visit a cemetery and take pictures of family tombstones
7. Call a relative you haven’t heard from in a long time and reestablish those family connections. This is easy to do!! You will be surprised at your connection.
8. Cook a family favorite dish and invite family or friends over to enjoy it with you (Why not cook a family dish each week during this month and explain to your kids where it came from. You say you don’t have any family dishes that were passed down? Well, create some, write down the recipe and tell your kids that you are starting a tradition that you want them to pass down to their kids.
Classes offered on various topics every Thursday evening at 7 p.m.
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)