Pennington Research Association
|Address|| 6800 Raldina Court|
Carmichael, CA 95608
|Affiliations||Federation of Genealogical Societies|
|Chairman of the Board||Gene Pennington|
The Pennington Research Association ...
- 1 Mission Statement
- 2 Benefits
- 3 History of the Pennington Research Association, Inc. (PRA)
- 4 PRA Board of Directors, Officers and Volunteers
- 5 PRA Projects
- 6 Current Projects
- 7 FamilySearch Wiki Projects
- 8 FamilySearch Wiki Page Adoptions
- 9 Past Projects
- 10 Publications
- 12 Collections
- 13 Events
- 14 Frequently Asked Questions
The Pennington Research Association (PRA) was founded for the sole purpose of the collection, preservation, maintenance, and dissemination of materials relating to the genealogical structure of the Pennington Family.
We strive to be the most comprehensive source of accurate genealogical information, material and events concerning the Pennington Family.We strive to utilize Internet technology as an informative and educational tool for our members and all other genealogy researchers.
- The Pennington Research Association offers value to its members by providing a forum to research the Pennington family, both printed and in digital format. The Pennington Research Association is primarily an organization that encourages research of the Pennington family by publishing genealogical and family history material -- presenters and exchangers of information.
- We utilize Internet technology as an informative and educational tool for our members and all other genealogy researchers.
- We try to meet as often as possible to share research information on the Pennington family and to socialize with our Pennington cousins.
- As a service to new members we will try with the available resources we have to place you with an established group.
- The purpose of the Pennington Research Association is to gather all Pennington cousins together, to provide as much genealogical assistance as possible and to work together to further Pennington research. Our goal is to collect, preserve, maintain, and disseminate material relating to the genealogical structure of the Pennington Family.
- For more information and details please visit http://www.penningtonresearch.org/Membership.
History of the Pennington Research Association, Inc. (PRA)
- In Memory of Bee Wilson Holmes, Our Founder
- Bee Holmes started the Pennington Research Association in 1965 by collecting and sharing information about the Pennington family. Slowly the circle of Pennington "cousins" expanded and the first "Pennington Lending Magazine" appeared. The first "magazine" Volume 1 with 3 issues started in October 1968. In 1970 Volume 2 with 3 issues was published. It didn't take long for us to grow and soon a decision was made to create a formal organization. We first agreed to identify ourselves as the Pennington Research Association in 1979 at our meeting in Wichita, Kansas. We incorporated in 2001.
To read a Memorial of Bee Holmes and published in the Pennington Pedigrees, Volume 23, No. 2, 1991, visit http://www.penningtonresearch.org/About_Us and scroll to the paragraph at the end of the 1st section.
PRA Board of Directors, Officers and Volunteers
- For a list of current Board of Directors and Officers and all our dedicated volunteers, please vist http://www.penningtonresearch.org/Connect_With_Us.
- For a list of our projects, please visit http://www.penningtonresearch.org/Special_Projects.
- Publishing the Pennington Pedigrees twice each year.
- Publishing the Pennington Periodicals Volume II files.
- DNA Study. To learn more, visit http://www.penningtonresearch.org/DNA.
FamilySearch Wiki Projects
FamilySearch Wiki Page Adoptions
- Create and maintain our websites
- Bobby Pennington Index Project (BPIP)
- John French Master File (JFMF)
- Pennington Periodicals Volume I CD
- Research Project # 1 - Locate the family of Benajah Pennington, Sr., b. 1724/25
- Archives & Library at Earlham College.
- Digital Library Phase I
- Obituary Database
- Family Groups web page listed by Country and Region
- Table of Contents for the Pennington Pedigrees from 1968 to 2008
- Pennington Pedigrees - Published twice each year. Issues published from 2010 to present are immediately available to current PRA Members for download. Issues published prior to 2010 are available for sale. Visit our publications page at http://www.penningtonresearch.org/Publications for more information and to place an order.
- Penninton Periodicals Volume I CD. This CD contains all the Pennington Pedigrees and Cousin Courriers from the 1st issue to 1979 and other special reserach articles. Visit our publication page at http://www.penningtonresearch.org/Publications for more informaiton and to place an order.
- Pennington Periodicals Volume II. This is the Pennington Pedigrees and Cousin Courriers from 1980 to 1990 as well as special research articles, files and photographs. These files are available to current PRA Members for immediate download. Files are added a few at a time each month.
- PRA Archive and Library
- PRA Digital Library
- To learn more visit http://www.penningtonresearch.org/Archive_and_Library.
- Please visit our Events page at www.penningtonresearch.org/Events for current meetings and other information.
- We use the Internet and "GoToMeeting" and "GoToWebinar" for our workshops. Visit our main website at http://www.penningtonresearch.org/Events to check on planned workshops.
- Board meetings are held several times each year. These meetings are held using the Internet and software called "GoToMeeting" and "GoToWebinar". Board agenda items are collected a few weeks before each meeting and mintues of each meeting are available to our Members on our main website.
- We use the Internet and "GoToMeeting" and "GoToWebinar" for our training meetings. Visit our main website at http://www.penningtonresearch.org/Events to check on planned training meetings.
Frequently Asked Questions
- For a current list of FAQ and answers, visit our web page at http://www.penningtonresearch.org/Frequently_Asked_Questions.