Peru, Amazonas, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
Peru, Amazonas, Civil Registration, 1939-1998 .
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Flag of the Republic of Peru|
|Location of Amazonas, Peru|
|Record Type:||Civil Registration|
|Title in the Language:||Registro Civil de Amazonas, Peru|
- 1 What is in the Collection?
- 2 What Can these Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Contents
- 4 How Do I Search the Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing this Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in the Collection?
This collection consists of births, marriages, deaths, indexes and other records created by civil registration offices in the department of Amazonas, Peru for the years 1939-1998. Some of these records have been indexed and are searchable as part of this collection. Additional images and indexed records will be published as they become available.
Reading These Records
To Browse this Collection
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Peru, Amazonas, Civil Registration, 1939-1998.|
What Can these Records Tell Me?
The information in each record varies by year.
Birth records generally include the following information:
- Name and gender of child
- Date, place and time of birth
- Informant's name, age, civil status, and occupation
- Informant's origin, nationality, and residence
- Father's name, age, civil status, and occupation
- Father's origin, nationality, and residence
- Mother's name, age, civil status, and occupation
- Mother's origin, nationality, and residence
- Names of witnesses
- Witnesses' age, occupation, and residence
Marriage records may include:
- Names and ages of the groom and bride
- Date and place of the marriage
- Groom's origin, occupation, and residence
- Groom's marital status
- Names of groom's parents, their nativity, and current residence
- Bride's origin, civil status, occupation, and residence
- Names of bride's parents, their nativity, and current residence
- Names of witnesses, their age, civil status, occupation, and residence
Death records may include:
- Informant's name, age, marital status, occupation, birthplace, nationality, and residence
- Deceased’s gender, name and age (keep in mind that death records for women may be filed under their married name)
- Date, time, and place of death
- Place of birth
- Occupation, nationality, and residence
- Marital status/name of spouse
- Names and ages of parents
- Occupations and residences of parents
- Date and place of burial
- Names, ages, occupations, and residences of witnesses
As of 9 December 2016 this collection included records from the following provinces:
How Do I Search the Collection?
You can search the index or view the images or both. Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
Search the Index
Search by name by visiting the Collection Page.
For more tips about searching on-line collections see the on-line article FamilySearch Search Tips and Tricks.
View the Images
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page.
For Help Reading these Records:
For help reading these Spanish records, see the following wiki articles:
How Do I Analyze the Results?
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images.
What Do I Do Next?
I Found Who I was Looking for, What Now?
I Can't Find Who I'm Looking for, What Now?
Citing this Collection
Citing your sources makes it easy for others to find and evaluate the records you used. When you copy information from a record, list where you found that information. Here you can find citations already created for the entire collection and for each individual record or image.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?