Peru, Arequipa, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
Peru, Arequipa, Civil Registration, 1860-1976 .
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Flag of the Republic of Peru|
|Location of Arequipa, Peru|
|Record Type:||Civil Registration|
|Title in the Languages:||Perú, Arequipa, Registro Civil|
Title in the Language of the Record
Perú, Arequipa, Registro Civil
What is in the Collection?
This collection will include records of births, marriages, deaths, indexes and other records created by civil registration offices in the department of Arequipa, Peru between the years 1860-1976. Some of these records have been indexed and are searchable as part of this collection. Additional images and indexed records will be published as they become available.
These records are written in Spanish.
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Peru, Arequipa, Civil Registration, 1860-1976.|
|This image needs a translation.You can help by adding an English translation of the image. (Instructions)|
- Name and gender of child
- Date, place and time of birth
- Declarant's name, age, civil status and occupation
- Declarant's origin, nationality and residence
- Father's name, age, civil status and occupation
- Father's origin, nationality and residence
- Mother's name, age, civil status and occupation
- Mother's origin, nationality and residence
- Names of witnesses
- Witnesses' age, occupation and residence
- Full names of the groom and bride
- Date and place of the marriage
- Groom's age, origin, civil status, occupation and residence
- Names of groom's parents, their nativity and current residence
- Bride's age, origin, civil status, occupation and residence
- Names of bride's parents, their nativity and current residence
- Names of witnesses, their age, civil status, occupation and residence
- Date and place of death
- Name and gender of deceased
- Race, age and civil status of deceased
- Presenter's name, age, civil status, occupation, residence and origin
- Place of origin of deceased
- Cause of death
- Parents’ names and their place of origin
- Burial information
How Do I Search the Collection?
Fill in the requested information in the initial search page. This search will return a list of possible matches. Compare the information about the ancestors in the list to what you already know about your ancestors to determine if this is the correct family or person. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to find your ancestor.
To search the collection by image
⇒Select "Browse through images" on the initial collection page
⇒Select the "Province" category
⇒Select the "District or Municipality" category
⇒Select category the "Record Type and Years" category which takes you to the images.
Search the collection by image comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine if the image relates to them. You may need to look at several images and compare the information about the individuals listed in those images to your ancestors to make this determination.
As you are searching it is helpful to know such information as your ancestor’s given name and surname, some identifying information such as residence and age, and family relationships. Remember that there may be more than one person in the records with the same name as your ancestor and that your ancestor may have used nicknames or different names at different times.
For Help Reading These Records
These records are in Spanish. For help with reading the records, see the following resources:
|FHL Place Peru, Arequipa items or FHL Keyword Peru, Arequipa items in the FamilySearch Library Catalog. For other libraries (local and national) or to gain access to items of interest, see Peru Archives and Libraries.|
Related Wiki Articles
How You Can Contribute
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citing this Collection
Citing your sources makes it easy for others to find and evaluate the records you used. When you copy information from a record, list where you found that information. Here you can find citations already created for the entire collection and for each individual record or image.
- "Peru, Arequipa, Civil Registration, 1860-1976." Database with Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2016. Citing Archivo Departamental de Arequipa.
Record Citation (or citation for the index entry):
|The citation for a record is available with each record in this collection, at the bottom of the record screen. You can search records in this collection by visiting the search page for Peru, Arequipa, Civil Registration, 1860-1976.|
|The image citation is available by clicking on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen. You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Peru, Arequipa, Civil Registration, 1860-1976.|