Pipton, Breconshire Genealogy
PIPTON, a township, in the parish of Glâsbury, union of Hay, hundred of Tàlgarth, county of Brecknock, South Wales, 4½ miles (S. W.) from Hay. This township is situated on the south bank of the Wye, and between that river and the Llynvi. The road from Hay to Builth passes through it, and the surrounding country is fertile and pleasing. Here was formerly a chapel of ease to the mother church of Glâsbury.
Pipton, a township in Glasbury parish. Brecknockshire, 5 miles SW of Hay. For further information, see Glasbury, Breconshire at genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464301.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1849), pp. 318-324. Adapted. Date accessed: 30 January 2014.