Piute County, Utah LDS Church Stakes and Wards
From FamilySearch Wiki
Stakes in the County, 1930
- Garfield Stake, Utah
- Stake Boundaries as of about 1930:Latter-day Saints residing in Piute and Garfield counties, Utah
- Wards, 1930: Antimony, Boulder Branch, Circleville, Escalante North, Escalante South, Junction, Kingston and Widtsoe.
- South Sevier Stake, Utah
- Stake Boundaries as of about 1930:Latter-day Saints residing in the south part of Sevier County, and a small part of Piute County, Utah.
- Wards, 1930: Annabella, Elsinore, Inverury, Joseph, Marysvale, Monroe North, Monroe South, and Sevier.
Alpha list of wards in the county
Linked below are the ward and stake records for Washington County, Utah on microfilm at the FamilySearch Library. Click on a ward for records (up to about 1948).
- For a timeline history and boundaries of wards that existed in 1930, click to the appropriate stake (above).
- For later records, check with the Church History Library.
- Jenson, Andrew. Encyclopedic History of the Church. (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1941). p. 274
- Jenson, Andrew. Encyclopedic History of the Church. (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1941). p. 818-819