The ecclesiastical parish of Pontfadog was formed on 15 April 1848, from the ancient parish of Llangollen. It comprised the whole of Glyn Traean (the townships of Cilcochwyn, Crogen Iddon, Crogen Wladys, Erwallo, Hafodgynfor, Nantygwryd, Pennant and Talygarth); and the township of Cysylltau from Llangollen Traean. However, Cysylltau returned to Llangollen in 1870.
For more information on Pontfadog see:
- Pontfadog at Genuki
|before 31 March 1974||Denbighshire|
|1 April 1974 - 31 March 1996||Clwyd|
|from 1 April 1996||Wrexham|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464319.
Poor Law Union Records
Maps and Gazetteers
- Pontfadog at Vision of Britain