Port Angeles Washington Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 1.1 Upcoming Events
- 1.2 Collections
- 1.3 Databases
- 1.4 Software
- 1.6 7 patron computer stations with high-speed internet access
- 1.7 3 printers including a Multi Function Printer/Copier/Scanner.
- 1.8 Canon 300 microfiche/microfilm digitizer with attached flatbed scanner. May be used to transfer and save images from films, fiche, or scanner to a flash drive or a CD. Images may also be printed.
- 1.9 3 microfilm readers (use with 35 mm and 16mm films)
- 1.10 1 microfiche reader
- 2.1 Center Services
- 2.2 Staff Research Specialties
- 2.3 Resources in the Local Area
- 2.4 (This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
- 2.5 Clallam County Genealogical Society (CCGS)
- 2.6 Clallam County Historical Society
- 2.7 Museum and Arts Center (Sequim) - http://www.macsequim.org
- 2.8 North Olympic Library System (NOLS) - Library locations are in Sequim, Port Angeles, Forks and Neah Bay. See NOLS web page for hours, branch library addresses, phone numbers and subscribed genealogical sites.
- 2.9 Links
- 2.10 (Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
- 2.11 City of Port Angeles, Washington
- 2.12 Clallam County, Washington
- 2.13 Fiske Library in Seattle
- 2.14 Heritage Quest Research Library - Sumner, WA
- 2.15 Jefferson County Genealogical Library Research Center
- 2.16 Washington State Government
- 2.17 Washington State Digital Archives
- 2.18 Washington State Genealogical Society
- 2.19 Volunteer at the Center
- 2.20 (Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
Center Contacts and Hours
- 591 Monroe Road Port Angeles WA 98362 United States
- Enter on the southwest side of building.
- Use the sidewalk from the parking lot on the south side to the front of the building
- Enter the Family History Center from the first set of doors facing Monroe Road.
- Please ring doorbell (on the wall to your right) for admission.
- FHC Director: Michael Millet - firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW Hours in 2016 (Opening Tues Jan 5th)
- Tuesday: 10:00 AM to 8:30 PM
- Wednesday: 10:00 AM to 8:30 PM
- Thursday: 1:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- Friday: 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM Classes from 7:00 PM to
Holiday Schedule: The Center will be closed:
- March 14 & 15 - Stake Conference
- April 4 & 5 - General Conference
- July 4 - Independence Day
- October 3 & 4 - General Conference
- October 24 & 25 - Stake Conference
- November 20 - opening November 27 - Thanksgiving
- December 18 - opening January 3, 2017 - Christmas
Calendar and Events
- 'Friday Nite Classes will resume January 6, 2017 at 7:00 PM
Patrons may order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog through your home computer. They will be shipped to this Family History Center to be viewed.
- We have over 990 microfilms on indefinite loan and thousands of microfiche. These are categorized in a card catalog at the Center by subject, author, locality, and title.
- Books include research books, maps, some Polk directories for Port Angeles, WA and surrounding towns.
- FHC Portal - This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access to the following premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- 19th Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archive
- Access Newspaper Archive
- Alexander Street Press - The Amerian Civil War which includes a Research Database, Letters and Diaries, Images, Photographs, Posters, and Ephemera, Social and Cultural History, Women and Social Movements in the United States
- Ancestry.com - Institution Version
- ArkivDigital Online - Launch from the "ArkivDigital Online Start Menu icon on the home screen of each computer
- Create your "Who Do Think You Are?" story for free
- Findmypast.com - Institution Version
- Historic Map Works - Library Edition
- MyHeritage - Library Edition
- Paper Trail
- ProQuest Obituary Listings
- Puzzilla.org - Premium Services (Descendant Viewer)
- World Vital Records
- Genealogy database software: Ancestral Quest, Legacy, Personal Ancestral File (PAF), RootsMagic
- Word processing software: Open Office
- Hardware and Equipment