Portugal, Diocese of Braga Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known Issues
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
NOTE: For a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection or how to find missing images elsewhere, see Article 56000, Using Film Notes in the Catalog to determine the content of a final browse point in Historical Records.
NOTE: This collection also contains records for the Distrito of Porto.
Question #1: There are errors throughout this collection with the labeling of the final browse points (Tipo de registro e años). Can you list the known errors and tell us what the content of the final browse points is?
Answer #1: Below is a list of the reported known issues with the labeling of the final browse points (Tipo de registro e años):
- In the path for Braga > Braga > Maximonos > São Pedro >
o Batismos 1694-1811, the records are for Óbitos (deaths) 1694-1811, and
o Batismos 1811-1859, the records are for Óbitos 1811-1859.
The Catalog Film Notes for Film Number 1383757, Items 1-2 correctly identifies the records as Óbitos, out 1694-out 1859.
- In the path for Braga > Bracelos > Adães > São Pedro > Batismos 1791-1811, the records are for Casamento/matrimônio (marriages) 1791-1811. The Catalog Film Notes for Film Number 1362891, Items 2-3 correctly identifies the records as Casamentos 1791-1811 Óbitos 1652-1676.
- In the path for Braga > Celorico de Basto > Britelo > São Pedro >
o Batismos 1778-1781, the records include two books labeled: Batismos 1778-1781 and Batismos 1802-1823 (Item 1 has 700 records).
o Batismos 1778-1862, the records include two books labeled: Batismos 1823-1846 and Batismos 1846-1868 (Item 2 has 484 records).
The Catalog Film Notes for Film Number 1385395, Items 1-2 identifies the records as Batismos 1718-1781, 1778-1862.
- In the path for Braga > Vila Verde > São Mamede de Escariz > São Mamede > Batismos, matrimônios, óbitos 1747-1837, the year span should read as 1747-1859.
- In the path for Braga > Vila Verde > São Martinho de Escariz > São Martinho , the following browse points are missing, but can be found in the path Braga > Vila Verde > São Mamede de Escariz > São Mamede:
o Batismos 1787-1873, and the year span should read as 1784-1873;
o Batismos, matrimônios, óbitos 1622-1837, and the year span should read as 1598-1837;
o Óbitos 1797-1811;
o Óbitos 1834-1859; and
o Testamentos 1724-1791.
The Catalog Film Notes for Film Number 1352342, Items 2-5 can be reviewed for more detailed film content. Escariz (São Martinho) has been annexed into the parish of Escariz (São Mamede) in Vila Verde.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: Portugal, Braga, Catholic Church Records, 530-1911 > Braga > Braga > Maximonos > São Pedro > Batismos 1811-1859 > Image 10 of 133.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Portugal, Diocese of Braga Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Portugal, Braga, Catholic Church Records, 1530-1911 collection at FamilySearch.org.