Poway California Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Ours is a small, friendly and comfortable Family History Center with an experienced and helfpul staff. Everyone is welcome here.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- 15750 Bernardo Heights Pkwy. San Diego CA 92128 United States
- Located on the south side of Bernardo Heights Parkway between Paseo Lucida and Pomerado Road.
- Enter on the north side of the building, on the left side as you face the building from the parking lot.
- To make an appointment for other times, please contact the temple and family history consultant - center in advance at (1-858-487-2304.)
- Closed for Thanksgiving:
- Closed the weeks of Christmas and New Year's Day:
- Closed one week during the summer usually corresponding with the closing of the San Diego Temple:
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- The center has a good amount of films and fiche on indefinite loan, especially for parts of England and Scotland. There is also a small and well organized book collection. Ask the friendly staff for help locating any resources. If a film or fiche is not available, it can be ordered here. If a film is ordered and renewed twice (for a total of three, uninterrupted, loans), it is put on indefinite loan for the use of all patrons.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Internet-capable computers, microfilm and microfiche readers, flat bed scanners, paper copier, and a digital film/fiche scanner-reader-printer.
Staff Research Specialties
While the staff members don't do your research for you, they are very good at helping you find resources and explaining how to use them. Feel free to ask questions and for ideas. We are here to help.
Resources in the Local Area
- 1250 Carlsbad Village Drive, Carlsbad, California 92008
- Phone: 760-434-2931.
North San Diego County Genealogical Society, headquartered in the Cole branch of the Carlsbad Library.
Volunteer at the Center
To volunteer to work a shift or as a substitute in the Family History Center, contact our temple and family history consultant - center, Debbie Capelo, at 858-487-2304 or 858-674-6121. Basic Internet and family history skills are necessary to work a shift. Shifts are three hours long. You will learn so much by volunteering! We also need and appreciate volunteers willing to translate foregin language letters and records to be included in a resource list for patrons. You do not need to be a member of the LDS church to volunteer. We appreciate all of our volunteers very much.