Provo Utah Edgemont North Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Provo Edgemont North Family History Center serves the north Provo area. Ample parking is available for patrons and the center is open several days each week. Our staff of about 45 workers are well-trained and helpful.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 4300 North Canyon Road, Provo, UT 84604
- The center is located in the white chapel on the west side of Canyon Road. Enter through the doors on the north side of the building.
- View a map showing the location of the center by clicking here
Phone: (801) 222-3108
- Tuesday 10am - 4pm 7pm - 9pm
- Wednesday 10am - 4pm 7pm - 9pm
- Thursday 10am-4pm 7pm -9pm
- 1st and 3rd Saturday 10am-12pm
- Closed week of Thanksgiving and last two weeks in December.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
Staff training meetings are held 3rd Sunday of every month (except December) from 5:30 - 6:30 pm.
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- We have the following additional collections: Scottish Parochial Records (microfiche); almost 500 microfilms, access to the Nauvoo Data Bank (a collection of searchable records on early members of the LDS church), over 400 books on a wide varietly of genealogical topics.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. The portal includes access to Ancestry.com, World Vital Records, Fold3.com, Find My Past, Paper Trail, Heritage Quest, Access Newspaper Archive, 19th Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archive, The Genealogist, Godfrey Memorial Library, Historic Map Works Library Edition, GenLine Family Finder, Alexander Street Press - The American Civil War.
- Nauvoo Data Bank
- Scottish Parochial Records (microfiche)
- Available software programs include: RootsMagic, AncestralQuest, Legacy, PAF, AniMap, Ordinance Tracker, Family Atlas, Family Insight, Get My Ancestors, Open Office Suite, WordPad and others.
Hardware and Equipment
- 12 computers
- 5 microfilm readers
- 2 microfiche readers
- microfilm scanner/digitizer
- 3 printers
- flatbed scanner
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)