Quebec, Non-Catholic Parish Registers (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
Quebec, Non-Catholic Parish Registers, 1763-1967 .
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Flag of Canada|
|Location of Quebec, Canada|
|Record Type||Church Records|
|Languages||English, French, Latin|
|Title in the Language||Québec, catholiques non Registres paroissiaux|
|Archives Nationales du Québec, Sainte-Foy|
- 1 What is in the Collection?
- 2 Collection Content
- 3 What Can this Collection Tell Me?
- 4 How Do I Search the Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Known Issues with This Collection
- 7 Citing this Collection
- 8 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in the Collection?
This collection contains registers of baptisms, marriages, deaths and other records from various non-Catholic denominations and parishes for 1763-1967. Date coverage varies by parish.
Additional information about Church records in Quebec is found in the Quebec Church Records wiki article.
For a list of records by localities and dates currently published in this collection, select the Browse link from the collection landing page.
What Can this Collection Tell Me?
Baptism records may contain the following information:
- Full name of child
- Child's date and place of birth
- Date and place of baptism
- Full name of Father and his occupation
- Mother's given name
- Names of Witnesses
Marriage records may contain the following information:
- Date and place of marriage
- Name and age of groom
- Groom's marital status and residence
- Name and age of bride
- Bride's marital status and residence
- Sometimes, names of parents
- Names of witnesses
Burial records may contain the following information:
- Name, age and gender of deceased
- Date of death
- Date of burial
- Cause of death
- Names of Witnesses
How Do I Search the Collection?
To begin your search it is helpful to know:
- The name of your ancestor.
- The approximate year of a birth, marriage or death event.
- The place where your ancestor lived.
- The names of family members and their relationships.
View Images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page:
To search this collection you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒Select "Browse Images" on the initial search page
⇒Select the appropriate “Judicial District”
⇒Select the appropriate “Notary, Record Type, Years and File Numbers,” which will take you to the images.
Search the collection by image, comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine if the image relates to them. You may need to look at several images and compare the information about the individuals listed in those images to your ancestors to make this determination.
What Do I Do Next?
When you have located your ancestor’s church record, carefully evaluate each piece of information about them. These pieces of information may give you new biographical details that can lead you to other records about your ancestors.
I Found Who I'm Looking for, What Now?
- Gather all parish register entries for each family member.
- Use the information found in the parish registers to search through the census' for the residence of the people you've found.
I Can't Find Who I'm Looking for, What Now?
- Don't forget to try searching with variations in spelling of the name.
Known Issues with This Collection
| Problems with this collection?|
See a list of known issues, workarounds, tips, restrictions, future fixes, news and other helpful information.
For a full list of all known issues associated with this collection see the attached article. If you encounter additional problems, please email them to email@example.com. Please include the full path to the link and a description of the problem in your e-mail. Your assistance will help ensure that future reworks will be considered.
Citing this Collection
Citing your sources makes it easy for others to find and evaluate the records you used. When you copy information from a record, list where you found that information. Here you can find citations already created for the entire collection and for each individual record or image.
- "Quebec, Non-Catholic Parish Registers, 1763-1967 ." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2016. Citing Archives Nationales du Québec, Sainte-Foy.
|The image citation is available by clicking on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen. You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Quebec, Non-Catholic Parish Registers, 1763-1967.|
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.