Queens New York Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The NY Queens Family History Center serves all five boroughs of NYC but patrons come from as far as New Jersey and upstate NY. We have staff that are bilingual in English and Spanish, and available three days each week.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Upcoming Events
- 4 Class Schedule
- 5 Staff Training Meetings
- 6 Center Resources
- 7 Center Services
- 8 Resources in the Local Area
- 9 Links
- 10 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- 40-24 62nd Street Woodside New York 11377 United States
- We are located in the building with large white pillars in the front.
- Free parking is available in the large lot next to the second building.
- Monday: 10:00am-2:00pm
- Tuesday: 12:00pm-4:00pm
- Wednesday: 4:00pm-7:00pm
- Thursday: CLOSED
- Friday: CLOSED
- Saturday: CLOSED Sunday: CLOSED
Closed ALL National Holidays
Calendar and Events
Monday, January 19 Birthday of Martin Luther King Jr.
Monday, February 16 Washington’s Birthday
Saturday, April 4 LDS General Conference
Monday, May 25 Memorial Day
Saturday, July 4 Independence Day
Monday, September 7 Labor Day
Saturday, October 3 LDS General Conference
Monday, October 12 Columbus Day
Thursday, November 26 Thanksgiving Day
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- We have a large selection of films from Germany, France, Italy and Puerto Rico, as well as many other countries.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Microfilm viewers, a camera to make copies from the films, computers, flat bed scanner, and a printer.
Staff Research Specialties
- All staff members speak fluent English, and many are fluent in Spanish. Help is available from research materials in German, French, Spanish and other languages.
Resources in the Local Area
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)