Redgrave, Suffolk Genealogy
|Poor Law Union||Hartismere|
|Parish registers: 1538|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1564|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Sudbury|
|Location of Archive|
|Suffolk Record Office|
REDGRAVE (St. Botolph), a parish, in the union and hundred of Hartismere, W. division of Suffolk. The Wesleyans have a place of worship.
Redgrave with Botesdale, St Marys is an Ancient parish in the Diocese of Norwich and the county of Suffolk. Botesdale was a chapelry within the parish.
REDGRAVE (St. Botolph), a parish, in the union and hundred of Hartismere, W. division of Suffolk; containing, with the chapelry and town of Botesdale. The Wesleyans have a place of worship. Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 652-655.
Redgrave, Suffolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|1813 = Suffolk Marriage Index (1813-37) (findmypast) - (£)|
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|Redgrave, Suffolk Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Parish registers for Redgrave, 1538-1901 The parish includes the hamlet of Botesdale.
Suffolk Record Office reference FB132/D1/1-5, D2/1, D3/1-3, D4/1, D5/1-5, D6/1-2.
Baptisms, 1538-1646; marriages, 1561-1646; burials, 1561-1646. Baptisms, marriages, burials, 1654-1661. Baptisms, marriages, burials, 1662-1718. Baptisms, marriages, burials, 1719-1740. Baptisms, burials, 1740-1778; marriages, 1740-1754. Baptisms, 1778-1803; burials, 1778-1812. Baptisms, 1803-1812. Baptisms, 1812-1858. Baptisms, 1858-1901. Burials, 1813-1892. Marriages, 1754-1776; marriage banns, 1754-1775. Marriages and marriage banns, 1776-1795. Marriages, 1795-1812. Marriages, 1813-1837. Marriages, 1837-1901. Marriage banns, 1803-1823. Marriage banns, 1823-1900.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474638.
Poor Law Unions
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 652-655. Date accessed: 02 October 2013.
- 'Suffolk Marriage Index (1813-37) Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 9 December 2013.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Suffolk, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 10 December 2013.
- 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 4 December 2013.