Rhode Island, United States Genealogy
United States Rhode Island
|Rhode Island Wiki Topics|
|Rhode Island Background|
|Local Research Resources|
Rhode Island Information
Rhode Island is a state in the northeast portion of the United States. The capital is Providence and it is divided into 5 counties. Rhode Island was the 13th state to ratify the Constitution on 29 May 1790. Rhode Island was created from the Colony of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations, then Sovereign state in Confederation. 
Getting Started with Rhode Island Research
Links to articles on getting started with Rhode Island research.
Rhode Island Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Rhode Island research.
Rhode Island Clickable Map
Many genealogy records are kept on the county level in the United States. Click on a county below to go to the county Wiki article listing more information.
Rhode Island Migration Routes
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in resourcing your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Learning Center - Online genealogy courses
- Historical Records - databases and record images on FamilySearch
- Family History Center locator map
- Cyndi's List - Rhode Island genealogy sites on the internet
- Rhode Island Genealogy Trails - collection of transcribed data for the state of Rhode Island
- Access Genealogy – Genealogy guide for Rhode Island
- Ancestorhunt.com - resources for Rhode Island genealogy research
- Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness - Guide to Ancestry and Family Tree Records for Rhode Island
- Rhode Island Research Outline – Original Family History Library research outline; contains many out of date links
- Rhode Island County Creation Dates and Parent Counties
- Wikipedia contributors, "List of US States by Date of Admission," in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_date_of_admission_to_the_Union, accessed 31 Oct 2016.