Rhydybriw, Breconshire Genealogy
RHIDYBRIW, or Ysclydach, a chapelry in Llywell parish, Brecon; on the river Usk, and on the Brecon and Llandovery railway, 2½ miles E of Trecastle.
Also spelled Rhyd-y-bryw, Rhidybriw; (English = Wren Ford). The parish was formed out of Llywel in 1861. RHIDYBRIW, (or Ysclydach), a chapelry in the parish of Llywell, hundred of Devynnock and borough of Brecknock, county Brecon, 12 miles W. of Brecknock. For more information see Rhyd-y-bryw, Breconshire at Genuki.org.uk.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Maps and Gazetteers
- John M. Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales 1870-72. Adapted. Accessed January 30, 2014.