Richmond Virginia Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- 5600 Monument Ave Henrico VA 23226 United States
- Located in rear of building near the parking lot
- Ring bell if locked.
- Wednesday:9:30am-2:00pm and 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Thursday:9:30am-2:00pm and 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Closed due to Henrico County weather related closings
Holiday Schedule Closings
Feb 20-22 Maintenance
Apr 1 General Conference
Apr 15-24 Easter Break
May 27 Memorial Day Weekend
Jul 1-10 Summer Break
Sept 2 Labor Day Weekend
Oct 7 General Conference
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Many volumes on Virginia counties and numerous other books by state and country, immigration, military, surname histories, maps and dictionaries. Microfilm/fiche collection includes VA birth, death, marriage, census, plus miscellaneous records by county; other films/fiche for various states and countries.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 8 computers, printer/copier, reader-printer, image digitizer/scanner, 12 film and fiche readers.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Virginia State Archives, Virginia Historical Society, GRIVA
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)