Rochester Minnesota Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
Location Map: Location Map
Address: 2300 Viola Heights Dr, Rochester, MN 55901
- Enter building through EAST doors and ring bell on wall if inner doors are locked.
Open Hours :
- Tuesday: 10:00am to 2:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am to 3:00pm and 7:00pm to 9:00pm
- Thursday: By appointment only--call and leave message with your number on phone listed above.
MEA: Closed Thursday only that week, usually the 3rd week of October.
Thanksgiving: Closed the whole week of Thanksgiving.
Nativity Event: Closed the whole week before the first weekend in December.
Christmas and New Years: Closed two whole weeks.
Spring Break: Closed usually 1st week in April
July 4: Closed July 3-7, 2017
Closed for inclement weather with Rochester Public Schools close, then we are closed.
Calendar and Events
Call the phone number for latest class schedule
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 7 computers
- 3 microfilm readers
- 1 microfiche reader
- 1 microfilm printer
Staff Research Specialties
Polish: Wednesdays 9:00-12:00
Ancestry.com: Wednesdays 9:00-12:00
US before 1850: Wednesdays 9:00-12:00
British Isles: Wednesdays 12:00-3:00
German: by appointment or some Tuesdays
Norwegian or Swedish: 1st 3rd or 5th Tuesday 10:00-2:00
Native American: by appointment
Resources in the Local Area
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
We are always looking for volunteers to teach classes or staff the FHC who know how to help others with their family history. Leave a message on our phone system if you are interested in volunteering.