Roman Catholic Churches in Dundee--Dundee Angus Parish -282
A congregation was formed about 1782. Before 1787, when the first resident priest was placed, Dundee was served from Stobhall. Church in Dundee consecrated to St. Andrew in 1836.
The congregation of St. Mary Our Lady of Victories was founded about 1851. A congregation was formed at Welburn and the church consecrated to St. Clement in 1847. A congregation was formed at Lochee in 1848 but the church was not consecrated until 1866. It was served from Welburn.
Records FHL Film Number
- Baptisms 1795–1838 0564329 item 8
- Marriages 1806–1827 0564329 item 8
- Deaths 1804–1827 0564329 item 8
- Baptisms 1839–1872
- Marriages 1828–1862
St. Mary Our Lady of Victories:
- Baptisms 1854–1867
- Marriages 1854–1866
Welburn St. Clement's (combined with Lochee St. Mary's):
- Baptisms 1847–1865
- Marriages 1850–1864
Note: All records are now available online for a fee at www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, records RH21/39, RH21/108, and RH21/109. Confirmations of St. Andrew’s from 1819 are in the hands of the parish priest.