Ronneby Stadsförsamling parish, Sweden Genealogy
Guide to Ronneby Stadsförsamling parish, Sweden Genealogy ancestry, family history, and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Back to Sweden►
- 1 History
- 2 Place Names
- 3 Surrounding Parishes
- 4 Collections
- 4.1 Census Records
- 4.2 Church Records
- 4.3 Military Records
- 4.4 Related Sources
- 4.5 Societies and Libraries
- 4.6 Help Reading Swedish Records
- 4.7 Help Reading Old Handwriting
- 4.8 Help With Research Objectives and Strategies
- 4.9 References
History(write information such as: how old the parish is, interesting facts about the parish, what alternate names it has, or any boundary changes.)
1640-1682 Ronneby and Backaryd
1771-1796 Ronneby and Backaryd
|Härad||1679-1881 Medelstad hd|
|Fögderi||1720-1885 Östra and Medelstad|
1918-1943 Ronneby fögderi
|Kommun||1863-1966 Ronneby stad|
1952-1970 Ronneby stad
|Militär indelning||not applicable|
|NAD Ref Code||SE/LLA/13316|
Ronneby Stadsförsamling used a numbering system but there were a few places that had place names. These are:
- Sweden Household Examination Records (Husförhörslängder)--explanation of this church record which is functionally the census of Sweden.
- Sweden Household Examination Books, 1880 - 1920, ($), index and images. Also on Ancestry.com, ($), Arkiv Digital ($), and SVAR ($).
Online Database Church Records
The easiest way to access the Swedish Church Records is through the internet, using these five sites (see links to specific collections below). Four of these sites require a subscription for access. (ArkivDigital, Ancestry.com, and MyHeritage.com are available at a FamilyHistory Center near you free of charge.)
- Sweden, Blekinge Church Records, 1612-1916; index 1646-1860FamilySearch Historical Records.
- MyHeritage.com ($),
- Ancestry.com ($),
- Arkiv Digital ($), and
- SVAR ($).
Help Using ArkivDigital: Online Databases for Sweden
- These lessons will teach you how to use ArkivDigital:
- Some church records have been indexed for this parish in the Demographical Database for Southern Sweden and are available online. Click here
- Riksarkivet. "Ronneby Church Archives - Index" Nationell ArkivDatabas (NAD).
- Riksarkivet. "Kallinge District Church Archives - Index" Nationell ArkivDatabas (NAD).
Family History Library Records
Click Sweden, Blekinge Records for a full listing of microfilmed records (some digitized online) at the Family History Library, that may be viewed on loan at a Family History Center near you. Click on "Places within Sweden, Blekinge" and then select your parish.
- Ronneby Parish and Township at Ostkanten
- Ronneby Parish Map 1870
- Village and farm Index for Blekinge County (C.D.)
- Probate Preambles of Medelstads härad 1699-1799 (C.D.)
Societies and Libraries
Help Reading Swedish Records
- You do not have to be fluent in Swedish to read these records! The have a limited vocabulary: mother, father, born, bride, groom, married, etc. The rest of the content will be names, dates, and places, which do not need translation.
- This Swedish Word List covers typical terms found in the records.
- Swedish Historical Dictionary Database, SHDD: This interactive dictionary allows you to enter a word in the search box and receive the translation.
- Feast Day Calendar (Moveable) and Feast Day Lists (Fixed and Moveable) will help you translate dates written in feast day form.
- Denmark surnames are patronymic and change every generation, so carefully study Sweden Names, Personal.
- For help with reading the column headings found in more recent records, see Swedish Parish Register and Household Exam Roll Headings.
- Instructions, document examples, and translations are given for Reading Swedish Birth and Christening Records 1717, 1752, 1771, 1792, 1803, 1834, 1854.
Help Reading Old Handwriting
- Reading Scandinavian Gothic Handwritten Records: (free, online lessons at FamilySearch):
Help With Research Objectives and Strategies
- First find the birth and baptism record of your ancestor. Once you know his date and place of birth and his parents' names, you can locate the family in the Household Examination Records.
- Search every Household Examination Record that your ancestor appears on (from birth to death). You will pick up valuable clues along the way, find children who died young, and establish correct family member relationships.
- All birth, marriage, or death dates found in Household Examination Records need to be verified in the actual birth, marriage, or death records.
- Pay attention to relationship titles, occupations, military status, and remarks. See word list for Vocabulary for Household Examination Records.
- Dates are written in the European order of day, month, and year.
See Sweden Research Strategies for locating various records in specific time periods.
Ronneby församling husförhörslängd 1850-1856, Ortregister.