Salida Colorado Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
We are a full service Family History Center. If you have a computer at home we can show you how to use that computer to research the web for family information. While much of the information available is being indexed to make it easier to find, there is still a lot of information that is available only on microfilm. Those films can be ordered from your home and you may search them here at the center.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- 1140 Poncha Blvd Salida CO 81201 United States
- By appointment: 719-239-8104
Holiday Schedule: Closed November 25-26, 2015;
Closed between December 20, 2015 and January 3, 2016
Closed all major holidays: July 1-8, 2015;
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- We have many books and films about Colorado history and American Indian history. You are welcome to come see our selection and read them here. These cannot be taken from our center.
Databases and Software
Hardware and Equipment
- We will be getting new computers this year. Until then, please use the Salida Library computers. If you have a computer at home we can show you how to use that computer to research the web for family information. Call the appointment number above to set up a time.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
If you would like to volunteer in our center to allow us to open more hours, please call the appointment number above.