Salisbury Cathedral, Wiltshire Genealogy
|England Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Salisbury Cathedral, Wiltshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Salisbury Cathedral, Wiltshire|
Cathedral of Saint Mary Salisbury
|Poor Law Union||Not Applicable|
|Parish registers: 1593|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1813|
|Rural Deanery||Not Applicable|
|Probate Court||Court of the Peculiar of the Dean of Sarum; Court of the Peculiar of the Dean and Chapter of Sarum; This cathedral has several associated courts not listed.|
|Location of Archive|
|Wiltshire Record Office|
Salisbury Cathedral is the seat of the Diocese of Salisbury. It is located in the county of Wiltshire.
SALISBURY, a city,having separate civil jurisdiction, locally in the hundred of Underditch, S. division of Wilts, 82 miles(S. W. by W.) from London. 
Salisbury Cathedral registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FMP = FindMyPast - (£)|
|JOIN = The Joiner Marriage Index - (£)|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|NIM = Nimrod Research - (£). Results delivered by email.|
|TGEN = TheGenealogist - (£)|
|SALISBURY CATHEDRAL Online Records|
- Lewis, Samuel A.,A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 5-11.Date accessed: 04 February 2014.
- 'Search more than 99,000 new Wiltshire parish baptism records,' findmypast, accessed 5 June 2014. Coverage year range is not clearly identified. Ambiguously described as 'Salisbury,' may refer to one of the parish churches.
- Wiltshire Coverage, The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 September 2013.
- 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 3 November 2013.
- 'Wiltshire Parish Explorer,' Nimrod Research, accessed 8 January 2014.
- 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Genealogist, accessed 27 September 2013.