Salmon Arm British Columbia Family History Centre
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your centre here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
- 1 Centre Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Centre Resources
- 4 Centre Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Centre
Centre Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 1400 20th St NE Salmon Arm BC V1E 2V4 Canada
- (Link to map using Google
Phone: 1 250-832-4085
- Tues :12 noon - 2pm,
- Wed: 10am - 12pm, 6:30-8:30pm
- Thurs: 12 noon - 3pm
- Will open anytime by appointment
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This centre has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This centre has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the centre to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions ie. Ancestry, My Heritage, Find My Past etc.
Hardware and Equipment
- 6 computers, two microfilm readers. one microfiche reader and one printer with scanning properties to add photos to your tree.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your centre such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your centre is located.)
Volunteer at the Centre
Any one with expertise in researching a certain country and is willing to help others when called upon.