Kyle Texas Family History Center
From FamilySearch Wiki
(Redirected from San Marcos Texas Family History Center)
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
- 3751 Trail Ridge Pass, San Marcos, TX 78666 United States
- Use either driveway from Trail Ridge Pass and drive to back of building. Entrance at back of building. Ring bell for assistance.
- Wednesday: 9:00am-12:00pm and 7:00pm-9:00pm
- 1st and 3rd Tuesday: 9:00am-12:00pm
- 2nd and 4th Saturday: 9:00am-12:00pm
- Closed Thanksgiving Week: November 19 - 27, 2016
- Closed Christmas Week: December 24 - 31, 2016
- Closed New Year: January 1 - January 3, 2017
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog. Films are now ordered online via internet from your home. If you do not have internet at home or need assistance, the staff at our Center will be glad to assist. When searching the catalog for a place, search from the biggest to the smallest entity. Example: Texas, Hays, San Marcos.
- Permanent Film Collection: We have over a thousand films in-house on permanent loan. When ordering, if you are informed from the Catalog that our Center has a specific film, please call ahead to confirm.
- You will receive an e-mail or phone call from us when the film has arrived on loan in our FHC for your use.
- This center has a generous collection of genealogy resource books and helps.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 5 computers
- 3 microfilm readers
- 1 microfiche reader
- digital camera system to photograph microfilm/microfiche
- 1 multifunction printer/scanner/copier
Volunteer at the Center
We are looking for additional consultants with bilingual reading and speaking ability