Sedbergh, Yorkshire Genealogy
Guide to Sedbergh, Yorkshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Hundred||Staincliff and Ewcross|
|Poor Law Union||Sedbergh|
|Parish registers: 1594|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1673|
|Diocese||Pre-1836 - York; Post-1835 - Ripon|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Commissary of the Archdeaconry of Richmond Western Deaneries - Lonsdale|
|Location of Archive|
|Yorkshire Record Office|
SEDBERGH (St. Andrew), a market-town and parish, in the W. division of the wapentake of Staincliffe and Ewcross, W. riding of York; containing, with the chapelries of Dent, and Garsdale with Grisdale and Sedbergh, 10 miles (E.) from Kendal, in Westmorland, 77 (W. N. W.) from York, and 260 (N. W. by N.) from London.
Online data content from chapelry registers of Sedbergh exists at some of the following websites and for the specified ranges of years:
|FS = FamilySearch.org|
|JOIN = JoinerMarriageIndex.co.uk - (£)|
|TGEN = TheGenealogist - (£)|
|SEDBERGH PARISH (1594) Online Records|
For a full list of all those chapels surrounding **Chapelry** and comprising the whole ancient parish of Sedbergh to which it was attached, be certain to see "Church Records" on the Sedbergh page.
This ancient parish was created before 1813. Church of England records began in 1595.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464273.