|Serbia Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Serbia ancestry, family history, and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, and military records.
Serbia is a country in Central and Southeastern Europe bordered by Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Albania, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, and Kosovo. Formerly part of Yugoslavia. The official language is Serbian.
Getting Started with Serbia Research
Links to articles on getting started with Serbia research.
Serbia Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Serbia research.
- Vojvodina: Central Banat North Bačka North Banat South Bačka South Banat Syrmia West Bačka
- Belgrade: City of Belgrade
- Šumadija and Western Serbia: Kolubara Mačva Moravica Pomoravlje Rasina Raška Šumadija Zlatibor
- Southern and Eastern Serbia: Bor Braničevo Jablanica Nišava Pčinja Pirot Podunavlje Toplica Zaječar
- Kosovo and Metohija1: Kosovo Kosovo-Pomoravlje Kosovska Mitrovica Peć Prizren
Serbia is made up of 161 municipalities (opcstine, singular - opcstina). Read more...
|Municipalities in Central Serbia|
|Municipalities in Vojvodina|
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in resourcing your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Learning Center - Online genealogy courses
- Historical Records
- Family History Center locator map
- Wikipedia contributors, "Serbia," in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serbia, accessed 23 March 2016.