South Africa, Dutch Reformed Church Records, Stellenbosch Archive (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known Issues
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
Question #1: The Event Type and Year Range (browse point) title does not properly reflect the actual digital record content. Is there a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection?
Answer #1: The following list of known browse point discrepancies describes the event type or year range that actually exist in this collection:
- South Africa > Cape > Beaufort West > Marriages 1917-1923 should read Baptisms 1917-1923.
- South Africa > Cape > Bellville > Marriages 1960-1968 should read Marriages 1987-1994.
- South Africa > Cape > Burgersdorp > Deaths 1905 - 1920 should read Marriages 1905-1933.
- South Africa > Cape > Middelburg should be in browse point South Africa > Transvaal > Middelburg.
- South Africa > Cape > Stellenbosch > Baptisms 1788-1847 are Marriages 1788-1847
- South Africa > Cape > Uitenhage > Marriages 1951-1965 should be in browse point South Africa > Cape > Uitenhage North > Marriages 1951-1965
- South Africa > Cape > Wynberg > Marriages 1965-1974 browse point should Marriages 1932-1937.
- South Africa > Free State > Kanonheuwel should read South Africa > Cape > Kanonheuwel
Question #2: The records found at browse point South Africa > Cape > Ladismith > Baptisms 1879-1907 are not in chronological sequence. How do I find the record I want?
Answer #2: It appears as if all the right hand pages were filmed then all the left hand pages. When they were combined, they were not in correct sequence. For the most part, there are page numbers on the images which will enable you to arrow forward and back to the correct page. Also, it should be noted that page 210 was not captured in the filming process.
Question #3: At browse point South Africa > Transvaal > NG Kerk > Baptisms, memberships, 1997-1998, A-H, there are duplicate sets of records. Images 865-1638 are duplicates of images 1-764. Images 1639-1728 are duplicates of images 765-864. Should there be other records in place of the duplicate records?
Answer #3: Although the records are duplicated, there are no missing records.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: South Africa, Dutch Reformed Church Records, Stellenbosch Archive 1660-2011 > South Africa > Transvaal > NG Kerk > Baptisms, memberships 1997-1998 A-H > Image 1 of 1728
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the South Africa, Dutch Reformed Church Records, Stellenbosch Archive (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the South Africa, Dutch Reformed Church Records, Stellenbosch Archive 1660-2011 collection at FamilySearch.org.