South Africa, Dutch Reformed Church Registers (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known Issues
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
NOTE: For a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection or how to find missing images elsewhere, see Article 56000, Using Film Notes in the Catalog to determine the content of a final browse point in Historical Records.
Question #1: The Event Type and Year Range (browse point) title does not properly reflect the actual digital record content. Is there a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection?
Answer #1: The following list of known browse point discrepancies describes the event type or year range that actually exist in this collection:
- South Africa > Cape of Good Hope > Cape Town > Baptisms 1902-1905 year span should be 1902-1916.
- South Africa > Transvaal > Brixton > Marriages 1931-1951 should be South Africa > Transvaal > Johannesburg-Wes > Marriages 1931-1951 (Film 1687002 Item 4).
- South Africa > Transvaal > Jeppe > Marriages 1942-1952 should be South Africa > TransvaaL > Johannesburg-Oos > Marriages 1942-1952 (Film 1687002 Item 1 includes records from other towns).
- South Africa > Transvaal > Turffontein > Marriages 1931-1956 should be South Africa > Transvaal > Johannesburg-Suid > Marriages 1931-1956 (Film 1687002 Item 2 includes records from other towns).
Question #2: The Event Places associated with Film 1687002 are incorrect (all the indexed records include “Cape of Good Hope”). How can we determine the correct event place for each indexed record?
Answer #2: Beside simply viewing the document, the correct event place can be determined by cross-referencing the Image Number found in the record detail page with the item number listed below, and then cross reference the item number with the Catalog Items listed for Film 1687002 (see NOTE above).
ITEM# INCLUSIVE IMAGES
Item 1: Image Number 00005-00097
Item 2: Image Number 00101-00400
Item 3: Image Number 00403-00489
Item 4: Image Number 00492-00825
Item 5: Image Number 00828-00952
Item 6: Image Number 00955-00961
Item 7: Image Number 00964-01018
Item 8: Image Number 01021-01070
Item 9: Image Number 01073-01080
Item 10: Image Number 01083-01085
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- If searching a specific collection: please include the name of the collection; include all search criteria used, including name, event, dates and places.
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For Example, South Africa, Dutch Reformed Church Registers, 1660-1970 > South Africa > Cape of Good Hope > Cape Town > Baptisms 1902-1905 > Image 20 of 319
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the South Africa, Dutch Reformed Church Registers (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the South Africa, Dutch Reformed Church Registers, 1660-1970 collection at FamilySearch.org.