South Wootton, Norfolk Genealogy
|South Wootton, Norfolk|
|Poor Law Union||Freebridge Lynn|
|Registration District||Freebridge Lynn|
|Parish registers: 1556|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1623|
|Probate Court||Court of the Peculiar of Castle Rising Post-1846 - Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
WOOTTON, SOUTH (St. Mary), a parish, in the union and hundred of Freebridge-Lynn, W. division of Norfolk, 2¼ miles (S. W. by W.) from Castle-Rising. 
| This section requires expansion with:
a summary overview of the history of this parish.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
South Wootton, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|South Wootton, Norfolk Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 615/ 1-5
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438857.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Norfolk: South Wootton on GenUKI
- Lewis, Samuel A.,A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 670-673. Date accessed: 10 June 2013.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 8 February 2014.
- Pallot's Marriage and Births Indexes: Guide to Parishes, n.d.; digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.