Southern Paiute Indian Field Office (Utah)
United States American Indians Utah Indians of Utah Southern Paiute Indian Field Office (Utah) Guide to Southern Paiute Indian Field Office (Utah) ancestry, family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, parish registers, and military records.
The Southern Paiute Field Office is a currently operating agency of the Bureau of Indian Affairs located at St. George, Utah. Its supervising office is the Phoenix Area Office.
Indian Tribes, Reservations and Colonies Associated With This Agency
Southern Paiute Field Station
Cedar City, Utah 84727
The majority of records of individuals were those created by the agencies. Some records may be available to tribal members through the tribal headquarters.They were (and are) the local office of the Bureau of Indian Affairs, and were charged with maintaining records of the activities of those under their responsibility. Among these records are:
- Allotment records
- Annuity rolls
- Census records
- Health records
- School census and records
- Vital records
- American Indians: A Select Catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications. Washington DC: National Archives Trust Fund Board, National Archives and Records Administration, 1998.
- Hill, Edward E. (comp.). Guide to Records in the National Archives of the United States Relating to American Indians. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1981.
- Hill, Edward E. The Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880: Historical Sketches. New York, New York: Clearwater Publishing Company, Inc., 1974.
- Historical Sketches for Jurisdictional and Subject Headings Used for the Letters Received by the Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880. National Archives Microcopy T1105.
- Preliminary Inventory No. 163: Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Services. Available online