St. Audeon's Parish, Dublin Genealogy

From FamilySearch Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

St. Audeon's, or Owens, was originally a chapel dedicated to the Blessed Virgin and enlarged by the family of Fitz-Eustace of Portlester; afterwards it was given as a parish church to the priory of Grace Dieu by John Comyn; but in 1467 it was made a prebend with cure of souls in the cathedral of St. Patrick, by Archbishop Tregury. The parish contains 4599 inhabitants, and 426 houses valued at £5 and upwards, the total annual value being £19,399.  For more information, go to