St. David Within, Breconshire Genealogy
DAVID'S (ST.), or LLANVAES, a parish, composed of the Lower and Upper divisions, the former constituting part of the borough of Brecknock, the latter included partly in the hundred of Devynock, the portion in which is designated "the township," and partly in the hundred of Pencelly; in the union and county of Brecknock, South Wales. This parish is situated at the confluence of the Tarrell with the Usk. The church is situated in the borough.
St. David is a parish in Brecon. For more information, see Aberhonddu/Brecon, St. David (Llanfaes) at genuki.org.uk
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1849), pp. 278-288. Adapted. Date accessed: 30 January 2014.