St. Luke’s Church, Charleston, South Carolina

From FamilySearch Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

United States Gotoarrow.png South Carolina Gotoarrow.png Post-Colonial Parishes Gotoarrow.png Charleston Gotoarrow.png St. Luke’s Church

South Carolina Historical Society holdings:

"St. Luke’s (Episcopal) Church. Charleston. Vestry minutes. 1866-1905. 2 vols. and 1 folder."
"Entries re arrangements made during the 1870’s for segregated seating during services; invitations from Grace Church (1877) and St. Stephen’s (1880) to merge. Formation of the Ladies Working Association (1877), names of families both long and recently established in the city appear on vestry lists: Bee, Buist, Gadsden, Hacker, Harleston, Manigault, Matheson, Miles, Muckenfuss, Porcher, Poyas, Stoney, Taft, Waring, and Witte. Correspondences of J. W. Barnwell, A. M. Lee, the Rev. Robert Wilson, and R. W. Shand of Columbia re church finances."[1]

References

  1. Margaretta Childs, and Isabella G. Leland, "South Carolina Episcopal Church Records," South Carolina Historical Magazine 84 (October 1983): 260. Digital version at JSTOR ($). WorldCat entry. FHL Book 975.7 B2s v. 84.