St Albans St Michael, Hertfordshire Genealogy
Guide to St Albans St Michael, Hertfordshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|St Albans St Michael, Hertfordshire|
|Hundred||Cashio; St Albans Borough|
|Poor Law Union||St Albans|
|Registration District||St Albans|
|Parish registers: 1643|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1572|
|Rural Deanery||St Albans|
|Diocese||Pre-1845 - London; Post-1844 - Rochester|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of St Albans|
|Location of Archive|
|Hertfordshire Record Office|
St. Albans St. Michael, is a parish, partly in the borough of St. Alban's, but chiefly in the hundred of Cashio, or liberty of St. Alban's, union or registration district of St. Alban's, county of Hertford, 3/4 of a mile W by N from St. Albans.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
St Albans St Michael, Hertfordshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|St Albans St Michael, Hertfordshire Genealogy Online Parish Records|
St Albans Christ Church parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|St Albans Christ Church Parish Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Hertfordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
St Albans St Michael on GENUKI
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831. Adapted. Date accessed: 11 January 2014.
- 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 13 December 2013.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- 'The Hertfordshire Collection,' findmypast, accessed 4 March 2014.
- 'Marriages and Marriage Licences (1538-1922),' Hertfordshire County Council, accessed 6 March 2014.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Hertford, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 11 December 2013.
- Hertfordshire Coverage, The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 12 December 2013.
- 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 12 December 2013.