St Joseph Missouri Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location Map: Location Map
Address: 7 N Carriage Dr St Joseph, MO 64506
- Language: English
- Tuesday: 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Wednesday: 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Thursday: 6:30pm-8:30pm
Closed all major holidays
Entire week of the 4th of July - closed
Calendar and Events
- Indexing lessons by reservations. Call Elaine Dunster at 816-324-6638.
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Patrons' Microfiche Collection -- a collection of fiche ordered by our patrons, assorted titles. Contain family histories, vital records, and other types of information.
- Indefinite Film Collection -- a collection of films on a variety of subjects, to include vital records, county records, court records, etc.
- Book Collection: --
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 7 computers, 2 printers, 1 microfilm reader and 1 microfiche reader.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Joseph Public Library - You can order microfilm and microfiche from the LDS Church and have it directly sent to this library. Unlike our local LDS Family History Center, they have digital copiers for their machines.
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)