St Peter,Newcastle upon Tyne,Northumberland
St Peter parish was created in 1844 from St Andrew Newcastle parish.
Durham University Library Archives and Special Collections Reference number: DDR/EA/PBT/2/194 Date: 1844-1883 Parish Register transcripts are available to search free online at Record Search. Engineering work will be undertaken in future to improve access to the Parish Register transcripts.
The dates of the post-1760 transcripts have been noted in detail and sometimes only cover years. For most parishes in the collection there are gaps in the sequence of transcripts. It is advisable to consult the original parish registers for these years and events.
Newcastle, St Peter: Records of baptisms and marriages 1844-1933 are available at Northumberland Collections Service and at Tyne and Wear Archives Service. For earlier records see Newcastle, St Andrew
Northumberland Collections Service also has records for other churches which serve or served areas within the ancient parish of St Andrews. These are listed below.
- Cowgate, St Peter. Baptisms 1928-1972 and marriages 1958-1981. For earlier records see Newcastle, St Andrew.
- Jesmond, Clayton Memorial (Jesmond Parish Church). Baptisms 1861-1964, marriages 1861-1989 and burials 1895-1979. (Also at Tyne and Wear Archives: Baptisms 1861-1964, marriages 1861-1904 and burials 1895-1950). For earlier records see Newcastle, St Andrew.
- Jesmond, Holy Trinity. Baptisms 1905-1944 and marriages 1922-1972. For earlier records see Jesmond, Clayton Memorial.
- Jesmond, St George. Baptisms 1888-1930 and marriages 1889-1976. For earlier records see Jesmond, Clayton Memorial.
- Jesmond, St Hilda. Baptisms 1905-1961 and marriages 1909-1995. For earlier records see Jesmond, St George.
- St Barnabas. Baptisms 1900-1961, marriages 1909-1963 and burials 1909-1962. (Also at Tyne and Wear Archives: Baptisms 1900-1961, marriages 1909-1963, banns 1909-1968 and burials 1909-1962). For earlier records see Newcastle, St Andrew.
- St Luke. Baptisms 1893-1927 and marriages 1893-1945. For earlier records see Newcastle, St Andrew.
- St Thomas. There are no deposited registers or microfilm copies.
- Anglican churches in Fenham are listed under St John's Parish.