Standground, Huntingdonshire Genealogy
|England Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
|Poor Law Union||Peterborough|
|Parish registers: 1538|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1604|
|Diocese||Pre-1837 - Lincoln; Post-1836 - Ely|
|Probate Court||Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of Lincoln and of the Archdeacon in the Archdeaconry of Huntingdon|
|Location of Archive|
|Huntingdonshire Record Office|
Guide to Standground, Huntingdonshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Standground, is a parish, with a village, in the district of Peterborough, 1¼ mile SE of Peterborough railway station. There is a Baptist chapel.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Standground, Huntingdonshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|HUNT = Huntingdonshire Burials (findmypast) - (£)|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|Standground, Huntingdonshire Genealogy Online Parish Records|
To find the names of the neighbouring parishes, use England Jurisdictions 1851. In this site, search for the name of the parish, click on the location "pin", click Options and click List contiguous parishes.
As this parish is mostly in Huntingdonshire, the parish records are listed there in the FamilySearch Catalog. The Anglican parish church records are as follows:
- Parish registers for Stanground: 1538-1876 | FHL Film Numbers 1040751, 1040752, 1040753, 1040754
- Biship transcripts for Stanground: 1604-1858 | Film Numbers 1041712, 1041713
- Parish registers for Facet: 1641-1876 | Film Number 1040984
- Bishop transcripts for Facet: 1660-1857 | Film Number 1040923
Non Conformist Churches
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 288838.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Huntingdonshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Standground on GENUKI
- John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales 1870-2. Date accessed: 22 August 2013.
- 'Huntingdonshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 17 April 2014.
- 'Huntingdonshire Burials,' findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 26 April 2014.
- 'National Burial Index - Huntingdonshire Coverage,' findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 18 April 2014.
Contributor: add any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above.