Staten Island New York Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Open Hours:
- 2.1 Tuesday:7:00pm-9:30pm
- 2.2 Saturday:9:00am-12:30pm
- 2.3 Holiday Schedule:
- 2.4 Closed all major holidays and General Conference: Closed General Conference (1st Saturday in April & October), Thanksgiving Nov 24-26, Christmas & New Years Eve, Saturday, Dec 17 through Monday, Jan 2, 2017. Please call if inclement weather center may close.
- 2.5.1 Calendar and Events
- 2.5.2 Center Resources
- 2.5.3 Center Services
- 2.5.4 Resources in the Local Area
- 2.5.5 Links
- 2.5.6 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- Link to map using Google
- 913 Rockland Ave Staten Island NY 10314 United States
- If you are coming by car there is a large parking lot available.
- To travel by bus take the S61 to Forest Hill Rd. at the intersection of Rockland Avenue.
- Walk right on Rockland a few blocks.
- Church building on right.
- Use the entrance on the front of building on left side.
- Ring bell.
Closed all major holidays and General Conference: Closed General Conference (1st Saturday in April & October), Thanksgiving Nov 24-26, Christmas & New Years Eve, Saturday, Dec 17 through Monday, Jan 2, 2017. Please call if inclement weather center may close.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Ancestry.com, Fold3.com, Heritage Quest Online, Find My Past, World Vital Records and several others are available.
Hardware and Equipment
- We have three computers, three microfilm readers and one microfiche reader available for use and one multi-function printer.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)