|Sudan Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Sudan ancestry, family history, and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, parish registers, and military records.
Sudan is a country in Africa bordered by Egypt, Libya, Chad, the Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of the Congo (Zaire), Uganda, Kenya, Ethiopia, and Eritrea. The official languages are Arabic and English.
Getting Started with Sudan Research
Links to articles on getting started with Sudan research.
Sudan Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Sudan research.
Genealogy records are kept on the state level in Sudan. Sudan is made up of 25 states (wilayat, singular - wilayah).
- Al Jazirah (El Gezira)
- Al Khartum (Khartoum)
- Al Qadarif
- An Nil al Abyad (White Nile)
- An Nil al Azraq (Blue Nile)
- Ash Shamaliyah (Northern)
- Gharb Darfur (Western Darfur)
- Janub Darfur (Southern Darfur)
- Janub Kurdufan (Southern Kordofan)
- Red Sea
- Nahr an Nil (Nile)
- Shamal Darfur (Northern Darfur)
- Shamal Kurdufan (Northern Kordofan)
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in resourcing your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Wikipedia contributors, "Sudan," in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudan, accessed 21 April 2016.