Sussex, England Genealogy
|Sussex Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Sussex is a former maritime county located in South East England and corresponding roughly in area to the ancient Kingdom of Sussex.
The county of Sussex is named for the South Saxons, in Old English, sūth + Seaxe. The expression Suth Seaxe is first recorded in the late 9th century. In the Domesday Book (1086) it is Sudsexe. ...The historic county of Sussex has been divided into East and West since the 12th century, and obtained separate county councils in 1888, but it remained a single ceremonial county until 1974 and the coming into force of the Local Government Act 1972.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Use an interactive map to find jurisdictions for each parish in Sussex.
- http://www.thesussexweald.org/home.asp - parish records, maps, books, pedigrees etc for the Weald an area 120 miles long and 30 miles wide encompassing many small towns in Sussex, Kent and Surrey.
- http://www.barriesgenealogy.co.uk/html/broadwater_worthing.html - includes links to a variety of sources for Sussex.
- Cyndi's List for Sussex
- GenUKI: Sussex
- GenWeb: Sussex pages of the British Isles GenWeb part of the World GenWeb Projects
- The Weald The history, genealogy and topography of the Weald of Kent, Surrey and Sussex
- Sussex+ RootsWeb Mailing List
- Sussex+ RootsWeb Mailing List Searchable Archives
- Sussex RootsWeb Message Board
- GenForum Message Board for Sussex
- RootsChat Sussex Forum
- British Genealogy Sussex Forum
- Sussex OPC Online Parish Clerks for the English counties of East and West Sussex.
|English Channel||English Channel||English Channel|