Tännäs Lappförsamling parish, Sweden Genealogy
Guide to Tännäs Lappförsamling parish, Sweden ancestry, family history, and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Back to Sweden►
- 1 History
- 2 Place Names
- 3 Collections
- 3.1 Census Records
- 3.2 Church Records
- 3.3 Military Records
- 3.4 Related Sources
- 3.5 Help Reading Swedish Records
- 3.6 Help Reading Old Handwriting
- 3.7 Help With Research Objectives and Strategies
- 3.8 References
This parish was created in 1768 from Undersåker lappförsamling. In 1941 this parish was dissolved.
Up to 1925 this parish was called Hede lappförsamling. After 1925 it was called Tännäs lappförsamling.
|Pastorat||- 1925 Hede, 1925-1941 Tännäs|
|Län||- 1810 Gävleborg, 1810-1941 Jämtland (with part in Kopparberg)|
|Fögderi||1751-1883 Härjedalens fögderi, 1884-1945 Jämtlands södra|
|Kommun||1863-1973 Tännäs kommun|
|Militär indelning||add here|
There is no Village index. Only listing of Individuals.
To see what kind of place it is you will need a Swedish Gazetteer.
- Surrounding Parishes
- Sweden Household Examination Records (Husförhörslängder)--explanation of this church record which is functionally the census of Sweden.
- Sweden Household Examination Books, 1880 - 1920, ($), index and images. Also on Ancestry.com, ($), Arkiv Digital ($), and SVAR ($).
There is a husförhörslängd for 1746, but they become regular between 1826 - 1941. The födde och döpt record spans 1747 - 1941.
Online Database Church Records
The easiest way to access the Swedish Church Records is through the internet, using these five sites (see links to specific collections below). Four of these sites require a subscription for access. (ArkivDigital, Ancestry.com, and MyHeritage.com are available at a FamilyHistory Center near you free of charge.)
- Sweden, Jämtland Church Records, 1582-1928; index 1642-1860, FamilySearch Historical Records.
- MyHeritage.com ($),
- Ancestry.com ($),
- Arkiv Digital ($), and
- SVAR ($).
Help Using ArkivDigital: Online Databases for Sweden
- These lessons will teach you how to use ArkivDigital:
Family History Library Records
Click Sweden, Jämtland Records for a full listing of microfilmed records (some digitized online) at the Family History Library, that may be viewed on loan at a Family History Center near you. Click on "Places within Sweden, Jämtland" and then select your parish.
Help Reading Swedish Records
- You do not have to be fluent in Swedish to read these records! The have a limited vocabulary: mother, father, born, bride, groom, married, etc. The rest of the content will be names, dates, and places, which do not need translation.
- This Swedish Word List covers typical terms found in the records.
- Swedish Historical Dictionary Database, SHDD: This interactive dictionary allows you to enter a word in the search box and receive the translation.
- Feast Day Calendar (Moveable) and Feast Day Lists (Fixed and Moveable) will help you translate dates written in feast day form.
- Denmark surnames are patronymic and change every generation, so carefully study Sweden Names, Personal.
- For help with reading the column headings found in more recent records, see Swedish Parish Register and Household Exam Roll Headings.
- Instructions, document examples, and translations are given for Reading Swedish Birth and Christening Records 1717, 1752, 1771, 1792, 1803, 1834, 1854.
Help Reading Old Handwriting
- Reading Scandinavian Gothic Handwritten Records: (free, online lessons at FamilySearch):
Help With Research Objectives and Strategies
Tännäs Lappförsamling parish, 1930 Parish book, AI;3.
Riksarkivet. "Tännäs lappförsamling." Nationell ArkivDatabas (NAD). March 2011 http://www.nad.ra.se/
Skatteverket. "Tännäs lappförsamling." Förteckning (Sveriges församlingar genom tiderna). March 2011 Sveriges församlingar genom tiderna