Tŷ Croes, Carmarthenshire Genealogy
A guide to genealogy in Tŷ Croes, with information on where to find birth, baptism, marriage, death and burial records; census records; wills; cemeteries; maps; etc.
There were no places of worship in the village pre-1870 and people had to walk either to St. Edith's Church in Llanedi or the chapels in Ammanford (then known as Cross Inn) or to Capel Hendre and Saron. It was in 1876 that the first chapels were built; Moriah (Congregational) was the 'daughter' of Christian Temple Ammanford and Caersalem (Calvinistic Methodist) was the 'daughter' of Capel Hendre. Then at the earlier part of this century Bethesda (Baptist) was built in 1913 and building work commenced at St. Edmund's Church on the 29th January, 1914. Later in 1932 the Neuadd Efengylu, locally known as the Mission Hall or Gospel Hall, was opened.