Talk:Hampshire in the FamilySearch Catalog
The majority contents of the this page do not match the article title. The links are to the FHLC and are not specifically about census records. Also a template could be used to produce the links and also reduce the overall article size. --Steve 12:00, 1 April 2010 (UTC)
- I agree, and please could English pages be written in English and refer to a catalogue rather than an American spelling! In many English counties the parish page Church records have the template included see Sussex, Nottinghamshire, Herefordshire and increasingly Kent, Derbyshire and Lincolnshire Crescunt 09:49, 9 September 2011 (UTC)
- In addition many county census pages were up to 75% in need of correction to fix broken links, the Surrey Census page contains mystery entries and Herefordshire is not even in alphabetical order and needs revision to enable contributors to work in that county.
- This page is not in alphabetical order either try to search for Kingsley, Hampshire as an example; it can be found but not in alphabetical order! Crescunt 10:26, 9 September 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks for your support. Once this page and others like it are renamed we can then work on re-sorting the listings. As for the American spelling for full name of the FHLC, as this is a proper noun it should be kept as Catalog. Can you give me more details about the template that you are referring to and what you see as the issue with it. Thanks.
- P.S. have a look at the Census task part of the WikiProject England.
- --Steve 20:29, 10 September 2011 (UTC)