Talk:Idaho, United States Genealogy
|WikiProject Idaho||(Rated-Class, Top-importance)|
Can we have a template for ID counties
I am talking to an ID genealogist who is very interested in contributing to the Wiki, but he thinks that it would be much easier if there was a standard template of headings that could be applied to all counties so that we don't have to go in and create headings for each county one at a time. Does anyone who knows how to create templates have an interest in creating a template for county information? If so, please reply so that we can get you together....
GreeneJR 17:12, 23 January 2010 (UTC)
Jim, I don't fully understand what is being asked for here. Every one of the 44 counties of Idaho has a standard format with headings common to all 44. Content is not added in all 44 counties yet, but some content has been added to all counties. What kind of a template does the genealogist want? To cover what subjects? Jimmy B. Parker 22:47, 27 January 2010 (UTC)
This user, who I hope is now watching this page, wants to have a couple of new headings within vital records (I may be wrong, senior moment). Anyway, rather than go in to all 44 counties and add these new headings he is wondering how best to do that. My thought was a template. Are we using a template or have we just entered the same headings 44 times? GreeneJR 05:15, 28 January 2010 (UTC)
We created the Idaho county pages before we started using templates very much. We created one or two pages, tweaked the headings we wanted, then created the remaining county pages by using cut and paste from the first few counties created. Jimmy B. Parker 06:20, 28 January 2010 (UTC)
Up late Mr. Parker:) I was afraid of that. Do you know of any community resources that might be able to help, once this user joins this discussion? GreeneJR 15:08, 28 January 2010 (UTC)
Steve Cottrell -- user name cottrells -- is very good at templates. He is very busy at the moment, but would get something done in a timely fashion. He attends the community meeting every Tuesday. Jimmy B. Parker 16:40, 28 January 2010 (UTC)
= Old info to be integrated to other pages by Danielle
PUT ON RESEARCH TIPS AND STRATEGY PAGE For Step-by-Step Idaho Research, 1911-Present, click here.
- The Idaho State Archives (formerly the Idaho State History Society Public Archives and Research Library or PARL) is located at 2205 Old Penitentiary Road in Boise. They have a large collection of newspapers, photographs, and manuscripts relating to Idaho. The Research Center for the Archives is open Tuesday thru Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Their web site gives more information about their holdings.
- You can find your villainous Idaho ancestors at Idaho Blacksheep Ancestors.
- Gretna Greens. When an Idaho couple's marriage is not in their home county, search for it in alternate places like Coeur d'Alene, Kootenai, Idaho, or West Wendover, Elko, Nevada.
- See the Digital Atlas of Idaho for current maps and other interesting information about each of the counties of Idaho.
- View historic Idaho maps in the David Rumsey Map Collection.
- View digital materials such as photographs, newspaper clippings, government documents and sketches at the Idaho Digital Resources website.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found