Talk:United States Census, 1860 (FamilySearch Historical Records)
So, what I wonder about the 1860 census search results, is, is there a way to find out the total amount of people in an household and their relationship to the head of the house hold, as given in other censuses?
In the 1860 census search results, here, you only get the information on one person.
would help to be able to see the instruments here, not through sites that cost money!
- If you click on your ancestor's name in the index it brings up the Person Details. You can see the entire household along with the gender, age and birthplace of each member of the household.
- There will also be an Event Place which is individual's residence at the time of the census, along with a page number and household ID number. This information tells you exactly where where the individual is listed in the actual census schedule.
- You can view the schedules through the National Archives Branches and our Family History Centers. There is a small processing fee at some of the centers.
- The GS film number listed in the index is for the Family History Library in Salt Lake City and its Centers.
- The Affiliate Publication Number is the National Archives Number for the entire census.