Tay Square United Presbyterian Church--Dundee Angus Parish -282
Gives a history of this parish, records with type of record, range of years and FHL Film numbers that got to each type of record. Also the source where the information came from.
Tay Square United Presbyterian Church
The Secession congregation in School Wynd, Dundee, having become vacant by the death of the incumbent in 1832, the members composing it proceeded to make choice of another pastor, and a call was brought out for Mr. Robert Wardrop, probationer. This call was opposed by a large portion of the congregation, the petition against it containing more signatures than the call itself, which circumstance prevented the Presbytery from sustaining the call. Those in opposition met for a short time in the Caledonian Hall, Castle Street, and after that in Thistle Hall, Union Street, from which they removed, in 1834, to a commodious place of worship they had built for themselves in Tay Square.
Source: Annals and Statistics of the United Presbyterian Church, by Rev. William MacKelvie, D.D., pub. 1873. Film #477618. More details may be given in the source.
Records & FHL Film Number
- Session Minutes 1832–1877 - 1482984 items 10–11
- Manager’s Minutes 1832–1834 - 1482984 items 20–11
- Manager’s Minutes 1834–1849 - 1482985
- Baptisms 1831–1848 - 1482985
- another filming - 0889474 item 3