Telford England Family History Centre
This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.
- 1 Centre Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Centre Resources
- 4 Centre Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Centre
Centre Contacts and Hours
- (Link to map using <a href="http://maps.google.com">Google</a>or other map sites) Location Map]
- 72 Glebe Street Wellington Telford England United Kingdom
- The Family History Centre is situated and the back of the Chapel and you enter by a side door at the back off the car park.
- There is ample free car parking on site
- Language:English. We can arrange translation services in other languages, mainly French, Spanish and German.
- +44 0 195-225 7443
- Director: +44 0798 906 8811 Please text.
- Mon: 11.00am - 3.00pm
- Thur: 7:00pm-9:00pm.
Calendar and Events
FamilySearch Workshop: On Thursday 23 July 2015, for the University of the 3rd Age only, there is being held a workshop on how to use the "Search" function of the FamilySearch program. This will include instructions on the FamilySearch Catalogue and how to order fillms. It will commence at 7pm until 9pm.
Indexing: From 1st July until 31st December 2015, the youth in the Newcastle-under-Lyme Stake are being challenged to Index records with the top three youth indexers each month being recognised on their own Facebook page. I had heard a rumour that maybe some kind of chocolatey prize may be extended to the top three!! Encourage the Youth in your home and Ward to take part in this exciting challenge.
A Change is Afoot! Indexing is on the threshhold of new things.
Staff Training Meetings
- <a href="https://www.familysearch.org/#form=catalog">FamilySearch Catalog:</a> This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
Databases and Software
- <a _fcknotitle="true" href="FHC Portal">FHC Portal</a> This center has access to the Family History Centre Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
We have 3 computers at the centre and 3 film readers.
Staff Research Specialties
(Include sections for any other services your center provides. Add additional sections for those services. See the <a href="Bountiful Utah Heights Family History Center">Bountiful</a> and <a href="Chattanooga Tennessee Family History Center">Chattanooga</a> FHC pages for examples.)
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Centre
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)