From FamilySearch Wiki
- D'Aigle Plantation (Aroostook Co.) see Daigle Plantation below.
- Daigle Plantation (Aroostook Co.) made from Township 18 R6 WELS in 1859; incorporated as part of the town of Fort Kent, Maine in 1869. 
- Dallas Plantation (Franklin Co.), also known as: (a) Plantations 2 and 3 R1 and 2 and 3 R2, (b) Number 2 R2 Plantation, and (c) Getchell Plantation, was part of a much larger 4-townships plantation renamed Dallas in 1845; repealed in 1859 and now reduced to just T2 R2 WBKP land. 
- Danforth Plantation (Washington Co.) created from T8 R3 NBPP and T8 R4 NBPP in 1847; became town of Danforth, Maine in 1860; annexed land from Weston (Aroostook Co.) 1885; annexed land from Eaton 1887. 
- Davistown Plantation (Waldo Co.) existed as a plantation before it became Montville, Maine in 1807.
- Dayton Plantation (Aroostook Co.) was formed from part of Crystal Plantation in 1848; became the town of Hersey, Maine in 1873.  
- Dead River Plantation (Somerset Co.) was first organized in 1856, and became an unorganized territory (township) in 1951. 
- Dearborn Plantation (Kennebec and Somerset counties) was first made a town from West Pond Plantation 1812; diminished by multiple set offs; made a plantation 1841; then annexed by Waterville in 1843. Former Dearborn land is now part of four towns in two counties.    
- Deer Island Plantation (Hancock Co.) became the Town of Deer Isle, Maine in 1789. Set offs: Isle au Haut 1874, and Stonington 1897.
- Dennistown (Somerset Co.), aka Dennystown, was part of Moose River Plantation 1852-1859; organized as a separate plantation 1873.
- Dennysville (Washington Co.), aka Pennamaquan, aka Plantation Number 2 Putnam Survey (T2 PS), plantation before becoming a town in 1818.
- Dion Plantation (Aroostook Co.) see Dionne Plantation below.
- Dionne Plantation (Aroostook Co.), aka Frenchville Plantation, aka Chateaugay, aka Sainte-Emilie, incorporated as Dickeyville in 1869; name changed to Frenchville in 1871.
- Drew Plantation (Penobscot Co.) was organized a plantatation in 1856; incorporated a town in 1921; reverted to plantation in 1934.
- Duck Trap Plantation (Waldo Co.), also known as Little Duck Trap Plantation, set off land to create Northport, Maine in 1796. 
- Duck Trap Plantation and Canaan Plantation (Waldo Co.) set off land to Northport, Maine 1796; became Lincolnville, Maine in 1802. 
- Dyer Brook Plantation (Aroostook Co.) was organized as a plantation in 1858; incorporated as the Town of Dyer Brook, Maine in 1891.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found