Tennessee, United States Genealogy
United States Tennessee
|Tennessee Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Tennessee ancestry, family history, and genealogy birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Tennessee is a state in the southeastern portion of the United States. It is divided into 95 counties and it's capital is Nashville. Tennessee was admitted to the union as the 16th state on 1 June 1796. It was created from the Province of North Carolina and Southwest Territory. 
Getting Started with Tennessee Research
Links to articles on getting started with Tennessee research.
Tennessee Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Tennessee research.
Tennessee Clickable Map
Many genealogy records are kept on the county level in the United States. Click on a county below to go to the county Wiki article listing more information.
Tennessee Migration Routes
Cumberland River · Mississippi River · Tennessee River · Avery's Trace or Nashville Road · Black Fox Trail · Bolivar and Memphis Trail · Catawba Trail · Chattanooga-Willstown Road · Chickasaw Trail or Natchez Trace · Cisca and St. Augustine Trail or Nickajack Trail · Cisco and Middle Tennessee Trail · Cumberland and Great Lakes Trail · Cumberland and Ohio Falls Trail · Cumberland Trace · Georgia Road · Federal Road · Great Indian Warpath · Great South Trail · Great Trading Path · Great Valley Road · Jackson's Military Road · Jonesboro Road · Kentucky Road · Lower Warpath or West Tennessee Trail · Mississippi and Tennessee River Trail · Nashville Road or Avery's Trace · Nashville-Saline River Trail · Natchez Trace or Chickasaw Trail · Old Cherokee Path · Tennessee, Ohio and Great Lakes Trail · Unicoi Trail · West Tennessee Chickasaw Trail · Wilderness Road
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in resourcing your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Learning Center - Online genealogy courses
- Historical Records - databases and record images on FamilySearch
- Family History Center locator map
- Cyndi's List - Tennessee genealogy sites on the internet
- Tennessee Genealogy Trails - collection of transcribed data for the state of Tennessee
- Access Genealogy – Genealogy guide for Tennessee
- Ancestorhunt.com - resources for Tennessee genealogy research
- Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness - Guide to Ancestry and Family Tree Records for Tennessee
- Tennessee Research Outline – Original Family History Library research outline; contains many out of date links
- Every Name Index
- Wikipedia contributors, "List of US States by Date of Admission," in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_date_of_admission_to_the_Union, accessed 31 Oct 2016.