Theodore Cordes' Company, South Carolina Cavalry Militia (German Hussars)
United States U.S. Military South Carolina South Carolina Military South Carolina in the Civil War South Carolina Militia 3rd Regiment, South Carolina Cavalry Theodore Cordes' Company, South Carolina Cavalry Militia (German Hussars)
This unit was also known as the 4th Cavalry Reserves and also Company G of the 3rd Regiment, South Carolina Cavalry.
"Units of the Confederate States Army" by Joseph H. Crute, Jr. contains no history for this unit  .
Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- German Hussars (also known as the 3rd Regiment, South Carolina Cavalry, Company G) - Charleston District/County.
- Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System can be searched by soldier's name or by regiment; includes regimental rosters and additional history of the regiment. This site uses Joseph H. Crute's book,Units of the Confederate States Army, as their main source for the regiment history. Family History Library book 973 M2crua, FHL Collection, WorldCat.
- Footnote.com (A subscription website, but is available for use at the Family History Library and some Family History Centers). It has digital Civil War soldier service records and brief regiment histories (located at the bottom of some of the muster rolls).
- The War for Southern Independence in South Carolina. Eastern Digital Resources, (accessed 2 Apr 2011). This site contains some historical sketches, officers, battles, rosters, bibliographies and references.
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System (accessed 4 January 2011).